Guided Adirondack turkey hunts in New York are a thrilling experence for the unindoctrinated! It is a fantastic time of year for those of us addicted to the gobbler game!Especially when you combine it with a little fly fishing! Since we can only turkey hunt until noon (Sundays too!!) the afternoon is left open for fly fishing for trout on the West Branch of the Ausable River or fishing the Spring land locked Atlantic Salmon run on the Saranac or Bouquet Rivers, as the smelt run up into the tributaries of Lake Champlain. Check out our Spring “Cast and Blast” package!
Our Adirondack turkey hunting is unique in the High Peaks/Whiteface region in that we are chasing Adirondack birds in the mountains. There are very few opportunities to find themin the open or call them into the open. We will take you into a particular range and locate birds through calling and put you on a bird. We will locate birds as we “hike and strike”.
Once we have located an a bird, we then provide you with the best opportunity to have a crack at your Adirondack mountain tom! The fact that we are in the mountainous woodlands of the Adirondacks gives the turkeys a greater chance of seeing us before we see them! You can usually pick a turkey up at around 30 yards or less. They can see and hear you from hundreds of yards away! No worries! This is what we do best! In fact our pricing structure is set up so that if you don’t get your bird, you only pay 50% of the guide costs! NO Turkey, NO Trophy Fee!
Adirondack Spring Turkey Hunting Rates
Season: May 1-May 31
Adult Hunters- $150.00 guide fee per day/per hunter up to 2 hunters per day. $145.00 trophy fee (for each bird up to 2 birds) once you have tagged your bird! No Bird, No Trophy Fee!
Junior Hunters-Each year, during the youth hunt weekend, we offer 2 junior hunters the opportunity to join us for an “introduction to turkey hunting” hunt at no charge! Please call for more information or to sign up your young hunter for the opportunity of a lifetime!
A deposite of $100 per person/per day is required to secure your preferred dates.
Youth Turkey Hunt: Last weekend in April prior to the opening day of regular season.
- Eligible hunters are youth 12, 13, 14, or 15 years of age, holding a hunting license and a turkey permit.
- All youth hunters must be accompanied by an adult, as required by law for a junior hunter.
- Youth 12 or 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person over 21 years of age, with written permission from their parent or legal guardian.
- Youth 14 or 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or person over 18 years of age, with written permission from their parent or legal guardian.
- The bag limit for the youth hunt is one bearded bird. This bird becomes part of the youth’s regular season bag limit of two bearded birds. A second bird may be taken in upstate New York (north of the Bronx-Westchester County boundary) beginning May 1st.
Things you’ll need:
- Camouflage-Warm and Cold weather stuff
- Firearm and ammunition- Though you will be shooting birds at 25 yrds or less a 12 gauge shotgun is recommended along with 4 shot High Brass/Magnum Turkey shells (rental available $25.00 per day)
- Cooler to transport game
- New York Resident/Non Resident Hunting Licenses and Tags
- New York State Hunting Licenses