During your guided Adirondack grouse and woodcock hunts New York, you will be hunting over Geronimohawk’s Tuckerboy, (affectionately known as Tucker and at times a few other things that rhyme with that!) Tucker is my faithful bird dog. He is a wire haired pointing Griffon from a hunting line out of Sheridan, WY. He will be your lead guide on our Adirondack grouse and woodcock hunts! Griffons are one of the versatile hunting dog breeds that search, track, point and retrieve in water and on land. He is a moderate paced pointer that will gladly hunt all day long just out in front.
We have strong flights of woodcock that come into our region in the Spring and Fall. Our pine, balsam and tag alder woodlands makes for the perfect coverts for local ruffed grouse and the migrating woodcock populations! We hunt a variety of private and public lands in the High Peaks/Whiteface region as well as around the northern Adirondack Park.
Guided Adirondack Grouse and Woodcock Hunts New York
ADIRONDACK GROUSE (PARTRIDGE-pronouced “Pa-tridge” in the local dialect) and WOODCOCK HUNT with Tucker the Pointing Wire Haired Griffon
Grouse Season: September 20- February 28
Woodcock Season: October 1- November 14
1 Hunter-$450.00 per 8 hour day
2 Hunters- $250.00 per hunter per 8 hour day
3 Hunters- $195.00 per hunter per 8 hour day
A deposit of $100.00 per person/per guided day is required to secure your preferred dates.
Check out our Fall “Cast and Blast” package for a half day of grouse/woodcock hunting and a half day of fly fishing on the West Branch of the Ausable River!
Things to bring:
- Florescent Orange Hat and Jacket. (100 sq in total)
- Firearm and ammunition: Any shotgun. Smaller gauges and slings are recommended (.410, 28 or 20) for woodcock
- Muck Boots-many of the coverts we hunt can be wet.
- Cooler for game transport
- Appropriate New York State Resident or Non Resident Hunting License and Tags (note: Migratory bird stamps not required for woodcock)
- NEW YORK STATE HUNTING LICENSES